Digital Manufacturing Intern
“I want to make an impact locally and have an influence globally”
Nestec S.A., Vevey, Switzerland Defined period of time contract (6 months), act. rate 100%
To complement our Corporate Operations-Manufacturing Excellence Department, we are currently looking for a Digital Manufacturing Intern.
As a Digital Manufacturing Intern, you will research, experiment and deliver the actual and future trends on new Digital technologies like Connectivity, Advanced Analytics and Artificial Intelligence. You will also perform the evaluation of business benefits and you will contribute to Digital technologies knowledge dissemination and increase the ecosystem of partners.
Key responsibilities (will be fine-tuned and made more specific based on intern’s profile and business needs before the start of the internship)
• Research, develop and deliver, with cross-functional team, solutions based on the new Digital technologies aligned with Nestlé Operations vision of the future Digital Factory design, including cost estimate and value analysis
• Support, with NPTC's/TCU, the Digital Manufacturing experiments (pilots) projects execution in the markets, to assess Digital technologies value and build/increase knowledge
• Support the scale-up of the successful experiments
• Continuously develop the personal and team knowledge and skills in the area of Digital technologies and new methodologies (e.g. fast prototyping, lean Start-Up...), build eLearning's modules and provide trainings for the Manufacturing community
• Support in building the internal network around Digital technologies to create awareness and leverage resources in the group; and the external network with start-ups and academia to build partnership and ecosystems
• Master degree level Student in a field relevant to Digital Operations/Manufacturing
• Demonstrated knowledge and interest for digital technologies
• Previous experience on developing new concepts and standards
• Ability to learn fast and courage to explore unknown areas
• Previous knowledge in R&D and/or Industrial Manufacturing
• Fluent in English
Show us that you are passionate about Digital Technologies and that you have the capability to see the complete picture. You are able to create a climate for success and you are a structured and process oriented person. Your project management and communication skills will contribute to your and our success. If you are also able to communicate clearly the technical topics, please don’t hesitate and apply in English at www.nestle.com/jobs.
The Nestlé Group is the world’s largest food and beverage company with 89,5 billion Swiss Francs in sales in 2016. It is present in 191 countries around the world, has 418 factories and its 328,000 employees are committed to Nestlé’s purpose of enhancing quality of life and contributing to a healthier future. Nestlé offers a wide portfolio of products and services for people and their pets throughout their lives. Its more than 2000 brands range from global icons like Nescafé or Nespresso to local favourites. Company performance is driven by its Nutrition, Health and Wellness strategy. Nestlé is based in the Swiss town of Vevey where it was founded more than 150 years ago. Learn more about our Group and reasons to join us on www.nestle.com.